Tottori Sand Dunes & San’in Kaigan Geopark
- Fumon (sand ripples made by wind)
- Art of sand that appears after wind blows 5-6 meters per second.
Fumon (sand ripples made by wind) can be observed early in the morning on a dry and windy day.
- Saren (sand curtain)
- A phenomenon in which sand collapses when it accumulates at an unstable angle.
- Sachu(sand protuberances)
- A phenomenon of a dune that happens by strong wind or heavy rain fall, where the sand attached to small stones remains and the light sand surrounding the stones is blown off.
- Please watch the brilliant sunset, sitting on Umanose, the largest dune. The setting sun changes every moment and has you forget your daily life problems.
- Fishermen’s fire
- On the horizon at dusk, a fishermen’s fire appears from each squid-fishing vessel. The fire makes us imagine a horde of fireflies over Sea of Japan.