Tottori Sand Dunes & San’in Kaigan Geopark
- Camel Riding
- If you see the dunes riding on a camel, you may feel as if you were traveling on a desert.
You can only take a photo on a camel or you can try riding camel walking around.
- Fee: [ Ride ] 1.300 yen per person / 2,500 yen per 2 people
[ Memorial photo ] 500 yen per person
- Horse Cart on Tottori Sand Dunes
- If you see the dunes sitting on a horse cart going while shaking, you will have the special impression which is different from that of walking on the dunes. The staff member informs you of the charm and basic knowledge of Tottori Sand Dunes.
- Fare: [ Adult ]1,000 yen [ Child ] 600 yen
- Paragliding Experience over Tottori Sand Dunes
- Tottori Sand Dunes are the best place to have an experience of paragliding because there are no obstacles and you land on a soft sandy ground. The savvy professional instructors kindly guide you even if you are a beginner. Please don’t hesitate to fly and monopolize the grand dunes and Sea of Japan.
- Fee: Half-day Experience 7,500 yen
One-day Experience 12,500 yen (including Safety Management Fee, Reservation required)
- ※ Contact: Zero Paragliding School
Phone (only in Japanese) 0857-29-9098
- Sandboarding Experience
- This is a new sport born in Australia. A player stands on a board and rides down the slope of the dunes. Tottori Sand Dunes are the best place for sandboarding because the steepness of approximately 30 degree slope is the feature of the dunes.
- Fee: 3,000 yen (Reservation Required)
- ※ Contact: Nihonkai TV Service
Phone (only in Japanese) 0857-23-1749
- Yanagijaya campsite
- This is a campsite near the west entrance of Tottori Sand Dunes. It has a cycling course and adjoins Tottori Sand Dunes Kodomo-no-Kuni.
- Fee: No charge
Access: 17 minute bus ride from Tottori Station to “Kodomo-no-Kuni Iriguchi” and 10 minute walk
- Tottori Sand Dunes Geopark Center
- This is the facility to show the nature and the history of Tottori Sand Dunes. You can deeply understand about Tottori Sand Dunes as a part of San’in Kaigan Geopark, watching the high definition video and having the experience of the direct touch on the specimens.
- Pear-picking farms
- "20th Century Pear", a specialty of Tottori, is juicy and gracefully sweet. Please enjoy picking and tasting pears at the farms. The best season is from August to October.